Our Sustainability Commitment
We believe that one must lead by example.
We are trying to do our part in areas of waste, greenhouse gas emissions and supporting community and social development initiatives at home and in under-developed countries.
- We’re constantly rethinking our office supplies needs (we’re becoming quite good at reusing) and we favour sustainable materials, local and ethical sourcing as well as waste reduction.
- Our paper is FSC certified 100% postconsumer fiber and processed chlorine-free.
- We don’t use plastic water bottles and disposable dishes.
- We offset all business travel (road, air and rail) through the purchase of carbon credits with projects that are assessed against the Gold Standard’s sustainable development criteria.
- We donate annually to Because I Am a Girl
- We invest regularly in Kiva projects
- We sponsor a child from Thailand through World Vision.
- Natalie is a volunteer and regional mentor for The Climate Project Canada and gives free presentations to organizations, businesses and schools.
- Sarah is the volunteer environmental coordinator at her children's school and leads native habitat development, and waste reduction projects in her community. As well, she and her family are members of community supported agriculture (CSA) farms.